This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Negative tests for the libstdc++ debug mode?
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Gregor <dgregor at apple dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:58:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: Negative tests for the libstdc++ debug mode?
- References: <D472466E-BD21-11D7-9497-00039354D67A@apple.com>
>So the question is: how many
>is too many? Would everyone be satisfied with one negative debug test
>per container, exercising the different error messages? I use about 50
>of these locally, but they very rarely find anything that isn't found
>by running the libstdc++ testsuite with debug mode.
One per container sounds fine. However, these new tests should contain
bits that are not being tested currently: don't add negative tests just
to add them. If this stuff is already being tested, don't worry about