Re: autotools transition report: first call for testers

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 09:27:47AM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> running the testsuite:
>
> Set LD_*_PATHs to .:/Volumes/xufs/gcc-cvs-clean/objdir/gcc:/src/.libs
> Executing on host: g++ -ggdb3 -DDEBUG_ASSERT

Cuss words.  Thought it was just on my end.

What's happening is that, in libstdc++-v3-dg.exp's libstdc++-v3-init routine,
this statement

    set blddir [lookfor_file [get_multilibs] libstdc++-v3]

sets blddir to an empty string.  So nothing in blddir is ever used, such
as the build compiler, the build library, etc, etc.

The return value of get_multilibs is (on my system),

    /mnt/build/build-2003-07-23//.

which is the full path to the toplevel build dir, followed by two /'s and a
full stop.  After that, the tangle of Tcl in dejagnu became overwhelming,
so I don't know how that value is computed, nor exactly what lookfor_file
does, nor what the new configury has done to break it.

Phil