Re: [libstdc++ PATCH] libstdc++ debug mode

I think the debug mode patch you are proposing for libstdc++ is great.  I
would even say it is essential given the number of misuses of the C++
standard library I have seen!  I especially like how iterators are
automatically invalidated when performing operations which invalidate them.

I have a few questions though:
    1. Why do you provide trivial destructors?  (For example: "~deque()
{ }").
    2. Can a program (executable) be compiled with some parts using the
debug version of libsdtc++ and others the nominal verson?
        2.1 Along the same lines, but pushing things further, how could one
have debug mode turned on for a specific container type (eg. std::list) or
variable (e.g. just for variable "foo" of type std::map in bar()?

Given the size of programs today and the code bloat which occurs with
templates, I think that it is essential to be able to specify where
debugging is turned on.

Cheers,

Gawain