This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Last on build problem
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:43:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Last on build problem
- References: <E19cIn3-0001fF-00@tiamat>
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 01:55:53AM -0400, Jerry Quinn wrote:
> It seems like when configure is modified, the build system reruns it.
Yes. At least, that's definitely true for autoconf 2.5x, which is where
> it make sense to blow away config.cache when this happens? It might save a
> certain amount of grief. Spoken like a true non-config expert :-)
Deleting the target libraries' config.cache does avoid a large category of
problems, but I wouldn't have expected this to be one of them. It really
depends on what you've changed in configure.in.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams