This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3] List docs
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:34:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: [v3] List docs
- References: <E19bo5r-0002jE-00@tiamat>
On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 05:09:15PM -0400, Jerry Quinn wrote:
> // [188.8.131.52] list operations
> ! * @brief Insert contents of another %list.
> ! * @param position Iterator referencing the element to insert before.
> ! * @param x Source list.
> ! *
> ! * The elements of x are inserted in constant time in front of the
> ! * element referenced by position. x becomes an empty list.
Thanks very much for doing this. Just one nit: The output becomes much
more readable if the variables used in @param are elsewhere marked up with
@a (for "argument"). So:
* The elements of @a x are inserted in constant time in front of the
* element referenced by position. @a x becomes an empty list.
(None of these guidelines have ever been written down, so clearly I need
to go write them down.)
Please add those either before you check in the patch, or shortly afterwards,
whichever is less inconvenient for you.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams