Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (3rd take)

Nathan Myers wrote:

I don't see the above
as a reason to delay applying the patch. Since the problem is in the existing code, and doesn't affect 11378, there's no reason not
to apply it and close 11378. (I suppose I should file a bug report
detailing this problem.)

Thanks for bringing up the issue! I don't think it's necessary to file a bug report: I'm already working on the problem, which seems quite clear. Indeed, providing a wrapper for write seems quite simple, that for writev is a little more complex, but I have found around some code to study and adapt to our needs (just google for xwritev ;).

Thanks again,