Re: -Wcast-qual broken(?) for libstdc++

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Kosnik" <bkoz@redhat.com>
To: "Gerald Pfeifer" <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc: <mark@codesourcery.com>; <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>; <libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: -Wcast-qual broken(?) for libstdc++

> >Clearly, this is a regression.  Just, who is going to implement a more
> >complete fix then my patch below?
>
> Gwain is looking at it. I'm sure he'll send email when he's got some
ideas.

Hello,

Yes I agree it is a regression.  I have tried to fix the problem but it does
not seem to be fixable by making only a small change.

What seems to be required is a clean-up of the casting done in and constness
of stl_tree.h functions.  I have started to do this, but am now on holiday
so I won't be able to finish this until the beginning of August.

I apologize for introducing the regression, but given that it is a warning,
and not a warning given with even -Wall and -W I hope that this can wait a
bit longer.  If not, someone else needs to look at this because, as I said,
I do not have a quick fix-it or even a quick and dirty solution.

Cheers,

Gawain