Re: Updated patch for std::list: Performance and memory usage improvements.

Gawain Bolton <gbolton@free.fr> writes:

[...]

| >Thanks, those pieces of information worth mentioning when sending the
| >patch -- the patch looks like more uglication and one might wonder
| >whether the obfuscation buys us anything.
| >
| Uglification?  Obfuscation?  You must be referring to the
| std::list::swap() function.  I agre that it is not very pretty, but
| there is no question it buys us something.  I'm sure you'll agree that
| using less CPU time as well as less memory is a good thing.

Look, I'm all for efficiency.  I'm not for obfuscation.  I'm not for
pifometric performance improvement. I can trade clarity for efficiency
when sufficient evidences are given.  Something that was missing from
your original posting, hence my remark.

-- Gaby