Re: Updated patch for std::list: Performance and memory usageimprovements.

Sorry, I was confused by the long time these patches took to get in.

It looks like there has been some fall out with your patches and -Wcast-qual.

Can you take a look please?

>The patch changed the std::list class.  The main change is to the
>behaviour of the constructor and destructor as the list header node is
>no longer dynamically allocated/de-allocated.  This improves performance
>and saves memory.

I added this to your ChangeLog entry.

>Yes, using the attached performance test program here are some numbers
>tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.

I'd like to add this as:

2003-07-08  Gawain Bolton  <gp.bolton@computer.org>

	* testsuite/performance/list_create_fill_sort.cc: New.

Please consider adding similar bits for the other changed containers, or
modifying this to deal with all of them.

best,
benjamin