This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (take2) + xsputn optmizations
- From: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- To: "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse dot de>,"Paolo Carlini" <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Cc: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:43:05 -0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (take2) + xsputn optmizations
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> You can use lseek64 and off64_t, there should be no problem (if lseek
> is part of the C library).
Is off64_t available on all platforms supported by gcc? Otherwise it's
probably better to use int64_t everywhere (also on platforms that
don't have large file support now).
The issue here is ABI stability; if a platform doesn't have large file
support now, but gets it in the future it should be possible to enable
large file support in basic_filebuf without breaking the ABI.