Re: [v3] locale cache PR 7076,8761

>This is locale cache for 3.3, take 3.  It passes make check and make
>check-abi on i686-pc-gnu-linux.

Confirmed, also memory leak testing.

>I found that the new storage in globals.cc didn't have to be exported
>at all to keep check-abi happy.  This includes facet_cache_vec,
>locale_cache_np_c, and locale_cache_np_w.  Is this OK or do I need to
>add these symbols to the linker map?

I think you are fine as-is.

The general rule of thumb is, if you don't have to export it, don't. The
__gnu_cxx namespaces is set up to make this easy to do: nothing is
exported by default, you have to add everything. You only have to add
things when the symbol are needed externally: for internal symbols like
these, you're ok.

> Aside from this, I think it's
>finally ready to go.

Me too. Congratulations, you've done an excellent job. I'm much happier
with this. The _M_facets trick works very well.

-benjamin