Re: [libstdc++] Port-specific symbol exports, porting notes

On Sunday, Jul 6, 2003, at 18:08 US/Eastern, Phil Edwards wrote:

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 11:12:06PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Phil Edwards wrote:

So I submit that nearly all the folks mixing development-stage compilers
with older released binutils will be us.

...and thousands of users of the BSD ports collections, and many users who need to use non-released GCC for various reasons, and so on.

If we can work with vendor tools (as, ld) we really should also support
older versions of the GNU tools.

I have no problem doing this, that's why I asked for suggestions. The ld
bug that Andrew pointed out may influence this.

It is not a ld bug but an as bug, not that should not matter because they usually come together.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski