This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch] Qualify with std:: two files
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Martin Sebor <sebor at roguewave dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 04 Jul 2003 09:52:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Qualify with std:: two files
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <3F045A92.email@example.com> <3F046046.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Martin Sebor <email@example.com> writes:
| Paolo Carlini wrote:
| > Hi,
| > 2003-07-03 Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
| > * include/bits/stl_function.h: Fully qualify standard
| > functions with std::, thus avoiding Koenig lookup.
| Just an observation: the patch also qualifies a whole bunch of
| types (such as unary_negate) in addition to functions. That's
| not really necessary because Koenig lookup finds only functions.
Well, that is not a clear issue (as you probably remember), see
I would say that qualifiying types are safe. The only place where
there is no much debate is for template-id: ADL is not performed for
template-ids. I suggest Paolo leaves in the qualification on types.
(In fact, GCC does find type-names when perform ADL).