Re: [Patch] Qualify with std:: two files

Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> writes:

| Paolo Carlini wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| > 2003-07-03  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@unitus.it>
| > 	* include/bits/stl_function.h: Fully qualify standard
| > 	functions with std::, thus avoiding Koenig lookup.
|
| Just an observation: the patch also qualifies a whole bunch of
| types (such as unary_negate) in addition to functions. That's
| not really necessary because Koenig lookup finds only functions.

Well, that is not a clear issue (as you probably remember), see

    http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_active.html#218

I would say that qualifiying types are safe.  The only place where
there is no much debate is for template-id:  ADL is not performed for
template-ids.  I suggest Paolo leaves in the qualification on types.

(In fact, GCC does find type-names when perform ADL).

-- Gaby