This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: Small problem in testsuite/27_io/basic_filebuf/overflow/wchar_t/11305-[1-4].cc
- From: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- To: "Paolo Carlini" <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Cc: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:45:57 -0000
- Subject: RE: Small problem in testsuite/27_io/basic_filebuf/overflow/wchar_t/11305-[1-4].cc
> Hummmm. However, for some reason the original testcase gave problems on
> 64 bit platforms, like x86-64:
> void test01(): Assertion `n1 != (0xffffffffu)' failed.
> FAIL: 27_io/basic_filebuf/overflow/wchar_t/11305-1.cc execution test
> Any idea why?
One possible explanation is that the C library is failing to convert
these characters. They are also used in some tests in
22_locale/codecvt, are there any failures there?
> We can try restoring only the sputc() argument of your original testcase
> and see what happens...
Since wfilebuf::int_type is the same type as wint_t and
wfilebuf::traits_type::eof() == WEOF the testcase should fail (if it
doesn't, there is a bug somewhere else).