This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
libc and libstdc++ relationship
- From: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at pathwayconnect dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 01 Jul 2003 13:23:16 -0600
- Subject: libc and libstdc++ relationship
- Organization: Pathway Connectivity
Is libc required to build a good libstdc++? My target is arm-wince-pe
and I'm using newlib as my libc. I build gcc, and as part of it
libstdc++, first before I build newlib. libstdc++ builds cleanly even
though I have no libc built yet, which to me is quite surprising. I then
continue on to build newlib. Is this the best way to do it? Is building
libstdc++ before newlib sane?
Please cc me in your reply.