This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/9330: -pthread required to include <pthread.h>
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 30 Jun 2003 18:07:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/9330: -pthread required to include <pthread.h>
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Roger> Finally, the third and final failure was building libjava which
Roger> includes <pthread.h> directly. Here the fix was to tweak
Roger> configure.in such that in addition to adding -lpthread to
Roger> THREADLIBS when using posix threads, on alpha*-dec-osf5*, we
Roger> also set THREADINCS to "-pthread". I hope this is a resonable
Roger> location, there didn't appear to be a THREADCFLAGS option.
Yeah, this is reasonable enough. THREADINCS is currently unused, but
it ends up in INCLUDES, which automake passes to all C and C++
compilations. So this will wind up doing the right thing.