IO speed slipping again?

Hi, all.  For a little while, the mainline library has been giving
output speeds close to gcc 2.95 (within 10-20%).  Some time in the
last week or two, the library slowed way down again.  Do any of you
know what might have happened?  Fallout from Paolo's work?  If not,
I'll try to do a search and locate the patch.

If it's a correctness issue, then I'm likely to be out of luck, but

This is the simple test of writing ints and newlines to a file I've
been using to work on the cache stuff.

jlquinn@smaug:~/gcc/test$ g++dev -O2 fstreamtest.cc
jlquinn@smaug:~/gcc/test$ time ./a.out

real    0m11.055s