Re: [v3] enum consistency, __num_base cleanups

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

| [moved to lib list]
|
| On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 12:59:50AM -0400, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
| > suggested in C++STYLE, others not, convert to all using
| > C++STYLE. Others, mostly minor, but wanted to get these in before I
| > forgot about them.
|
| As an FYI, I plan to make a pass through the library, standardizing on a
| set (arbitrarily large) of names to use in template parameters.
|
| One of the obstacles to easily using the doxygen docs (HTML or man pages,
| or probably any other format) is that the templates are just damned ugly
| to read.  For one thing, HTML just wasn't designed to make underscores
| look nice.  After being constrained to use those names for years, we don't
| think of it, but new users run screaming.  (And send me email, complaining.)

The short answer is:  They are not supposed to read the implemntation.

I would oppose to any change from the implementor's name space to
anything else.  If it won't break don't fix it.  If HTML don't display
"nicely" underscores, fix the tool to remove the underscoe.

-- Gaby