Re: More on PR libstdc++/10276 (was Re: zero-alloc cache)

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:58:00AM -0400, Jerry Quinn wrote:
> I just want to point out that the leak in the original PR is now
> plugged.  What is still left is trying to make no calls to new.  So
> perhaps 3.3 release doesn't have to be gated by this issue.

I think I can come up with a workaround for libcwd
provided that any allocations done are NOT allocated with
the standard allocator (thus: not using std::string!).
Otherwise there is no way for me to get things working
in the threaded case.

When only calls to 'new' and/or 'malloc' are made then
its possible to get things working - when these allocations
are also deleted again before the function returns (temporary
allocations thus) then there is hardly any problem.

I'd really like this to be fixed - therefore, can you send
me the diff relative to the current CVS that you have so far,
OR apply the patch to CVS, and then tell me the source file
locations where std::string is being used that need to be
eliminated?  Then I'll have a shot at it.

Thanks,

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>

PS When is the deadline for 3.3?