Re: Libiberty's snprintf for v3?

Nathan Myers wrote:

It seems to me that we should be able to establish an upper bound
on the number of characters that can be produced by a printf format
for these uses, so that sprintf itself should be safe. What am I missing?

Nothing, actually ;)
I did my best to establish good upper bounds (with your help at least one time, I seem to recall) but, nevertheless, I'm still finding 'safer' the built-in logic present in snprintf and I like the simplifications made possible by a snprintf unconditionally available on any platform (both C99 e C90).

Paolo.

P.S. Of course, in the long term Jerry will format floats too without relying on s[n]printf...