Re: Memory leak in ios.cc:326

Carlo Wood wrote:

>While testing libcwd with g++-3.3, I run into a
>possible memory leak at ios.cc:326:

This may or may not be related, but I'm also seeing what
appears to be a memory leak with the 3.3 libstdc++:
the thread3.cc test case times out, and while looking at
the process while it is running, it's RSS continually
grows until the machine start swapping and everything
gets slow (which is why the case times out eventually).

Seeing as that test case basically only does this
(in two threads in parallel):

  for (int i = 0; i < max_loop_count; i++)
     std::ostringstream oss;

I don't really see why it should need hundreds of
megabytes of memory ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  weigand at informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de