Re: [RFC] A stream buffer for wcin

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 05:52:18PM -0000, P?tur Run?lfsson wrote:
> Here is a streambuf that I think gives the expected behaviour for
> wcin (at least the above example works)
> Does this make sense?
> Is anybody else working on wcin?
>
> If nobody objects, I'll send in a patch soon.

My impression of the suggested patch is that it involves calling
underflow on every character, rather than buffering.  That is
opposite to the direction we should be going: we should be making
wcin equally as fast as we want cin to be, which is equally as
fast as stdin.

If it is necessary for good performance to make wcin and wstdin
each do a sync operation between switching between them, that seems
a small price to pay.

Nathan Myers
ncm-nospam@cantrip.org