Re: updating to autoconf 2.5

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:21:41PM -0600, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> What's the state on this? I've seen some of the autoconf 2.5 bits
> commented out in configure.in, so I know somebody's attempted it.
>
> It seems a worthwhile thing to do.

The last time I tried, only minor/inconsequential parts could be changed.
The really big advances, e.g., replacing or removing the custom hacks in
GLIBCPP_CONFIGURE, require fixes or updates in autoconf.  (I think the
more recent releases might have them, but haven't tried.)  The worthwhile
part IMHO will be when we can get rid of the hardcoded cross-compile crap
(abbreviated HCCC or maybe H3C) in configure.in.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002