Re: throw specs on Standard destructors

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:01:27AM -0800, Nathan Myers wrote:

> This is not to say we shouldn't have a cpp macro defined
> when the compiler is run with -pedantic.

This is going to be the difficult part.  (Playing the devil's advocate's
filing clerk.)  Historically GCC has never defined any macros based on
warning options, to prevent users from doing things like

    #if warning_level_is_high
        do something safe to claim "no warnings!" and look good
    #else
        do something idiotic that would be warned about
    #endif

I think it took quite a bit of convincing just to get the __OPTIMIZE__
macro added for glibc's use.

I myself would like such a macro, but I doubt it's going to happen.
(I.e., I'm not the one you have to convince.)

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002