Re: [v3] Fix second half of libstdc++/6745

Jonathan Lennox wrote:

I want to study this in more detail but basically I believe you are right: we have a performance issue in such cases. Could you possibly work
out a patch along the lines which you suggested?
Not adding new public members to basic_filebuf, however...

Is making __copy_streambufs a friend of basic_filebuf acceptable?

Probably...

Also, I'm still not clear on whether it's acceptable to use dynamic_cast<>
in libstdc++.

Nice question... In fact, in the current codebase there aren't, I'm not sure why, however.

Benjamin?

Ciao, Paolo.