POLLRDNORM in poll()

Hello everyone,

-------------------------
First of all, I would like to apologize if this is not
the correct forum to address this question, since I am
a relatively new user of gcc. If it is the case, I
would request someone to kindly provide me the details
of the appropriate forum
-------------------------

I am working on Redhat 7.1, kernel 2.4.2-2, gcc
version 2.96, libstdc++ version 2.96-81

Now, I wasn't able to use the POLLRDNORM option when
using the poll() function for I/O multiplexing. I had
included <sys/poll.h>
Upon enquiring in the man page, I found that
POLLRDNORM is defined in <asm/poll.h>
I included that too, but unfortunately, I got a
redefinition for the pollfd struct.

A dirty way out is to take the definition for
POLLRDNORM alone and put it in my code- but thats bad.

Any solutions- or is this an unfortunate bug?

Regds,
Shashi

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com