building problems with gcc 3.2 relating to libstdc..

Hi Everyone,

I put a similar email on the gcc mailing list but without any reply,
(wrong mailing list I think for the problem?). I'm getting the following
error message when building "make bootstrap" gcc 3.2

/gccbuild/alpha-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/cwchar:187 'wscanf' not declared
make [4] *** [globals.lo] Error 1
make [4] all recursive error error 1

There was some other "not declared" messages but the above was the last one.
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? I have no programming skills
and haven't a clue on what's going on here (i'm new to linux/programming).

The system is an alpha running suse 7.0 with the latest binutils.

Thanks
Richard