Re: V3 PATCH: numeric_limits<> support, fix PR/3865

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:-

> It predefined several data type precision we're trying to second-guess
> or having duplicated configuration files for.  When compiling C++, it
> also predefined __WCHAR_UNSIGNED__ based on the fact that wchar_t (a
> distinct type in C++) is unsigned or not.

I just worry about the vast number of new macros you're defining.  Are
they going to be enabled only for C++ so C doesn't have to carry the
baggage?  Are they really necessary (e.g. how does Dinkumware handle
it since they don't control a compiler)?

Signedness of wchar_t is easily tested with if () or #if, for example;
a macro is quite redundant.

Neil.