Re: please stop messing with the indentation

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

| On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:29:25AM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Two spaces back over 78 isn't going to make lines unreadable; but they
| > make the rules harder requiring indent today, unindent tomorrow game
| > playing.  How many files will be shorter with the added complexity?
|
| For me it's not so much 2 out of 78, but rather the tools and editors not
| understanding the start of scopes.

Which editors deserve we indent back and forth because they can't
undertand scopes?  Why not just teahcing or fixing those tools instead
or making complicated rules?

| > | (Or split up the files, whichever
| > | makes more sense in that case.)
| >
| > Oh no, please anything but not his.
|
| It'd be no more than what we do already.

That is untrue.

For some extensions in __gnu_cxx, we need to reopen std:: in order to
add some necessary bits logically connected.  I would be silly to just
pull in another file just because some complicated rules fix some
tools.

Exactly what problem do we need to solve by those complication with
indentation?

-- Gaby