bump linkmap versions?

In libstdc++-v3/config/linker-map.gnu:

GLIBCPP_3.1 {

[...]

# Symbols in the support library (libsupc++) have their own tag.
CXXABI_1 {

Since the move from 3.1.x to 3.2.x, some ABI changes were made and also
some symbols were probably added, changed, or removed from both
libstdc++ and libsupc++.

I'm working on specifics at the moment.

However, my question is: should this linkmap be

GLIBCPP_3.2 {

and

CXXABI_1.2 {

now? Thus resetting symbol versioning entirely? Or, should I calculate
this with finer-grained resolution to make symbol aliases, etc? That
effort seems like a waste if the underlying compiler ABI also changed.

Please advise.

-benjamin

ps. where are the utils 'dump' and 'pvs' as referenced in the sun linker
loader docs? Are there GNU binutils equivalents?