Re: versioning C++ includes

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:

[...]

| Because of this, I consider the status quo something that can be improved.

Completely agreed.

| Here's my suggestion:
|
| Future g++/libstdc++ installs files in:
|
| (prefix)/include/c++/VERSION
|
| Where version is the release number.

Again, completely agreed.  For some time I had a patch in my local tree
trying to implement that, but while it was easy for me to convince Cpp
to search in the right dir, our configury machinary was a bit
relunctant ... maybe because finally I'm not that familiar with it :-\

-- Gaby