removing config/..../bits/ (was Re: need finer-grained "C" header scheme information)

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 01:15:03PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> to do this. My suggestion is to use os/qnx/*/bits/os_defines.h to match

That reminds me.

The "bits" layer is in there because we used to do things like include
"bits/cpu_limits.h" and then pass -Isource_dir/config/cpu/<variable>.

Now that we're creating symbolic links to the headers directly, there's
no need for the "bits" layer in the config directories.  We don't use bits
in the newer io and locale directories, because there's no point.

Anybody object if I move the files up a level and get rid of bits?

Phil