Re: Memory, Allocator<T> & __USE_MALLOC & alternatives

> OK, that seems workable, but is this basic_string ISO standard C++?

Yes.

> There's a distinct lack of ISO standards documentation for the std C++
> libraries floating around the net - anybody got a handy URL? - so I can find
> out what I functionality I can rely on?

OK, the price may be different for you since I think you have to deal
with your home country.  And there are some that think the license is
wrong (or somehow indemnifies them, whatever), but e-sending ISO/US
and/or IEEE $18 for the real C++98 PDF specification was the best
US$18 I ever spent related to maintaining libstdc++-v3.

You can almost use Stroustrup, _The C++ Programming Language, SE_ as a
proxy.  But the standard is the standard.

Regards,
Loren
--
Loren J. Rittle
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab