Re: [RFC] libstdc++/6720 and libstdc++/6671

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:34:52PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> In a nutshell, it looks like the idea of giving the ext/ extension
> headers the same name of the corresponding standard headers (e.g.,
> <algorithm> => <ext/algorithm>) was not so good afer all :-(

Ah well, we live and we learn.  The only problems I'd noted so far were
with doxygen; it doesn't seem to do "maximal munch" when parsing header
file names.

> Probably, some confusion stems from entry 5.4 of the FAQ, which hints at
> the possibility of using -I: now this is not an option, since, when a
> standard header tries to include another standard header which has a
> corresponding extension in ext/, it ends up including the latter,
> instead of the former!!

Yes, this advice (which predates the header rename scheme) is now outdated.
I'll remove that bit of text.

Phil