Re: [libstdc++ RFC] stl_vector.h overhaul, part 1 of 2

> For part 2, I plan to move the out-of-class definitions to a .tcc
> file, like other non-SGI files are already doing.  Also, some of the
> functions that are defined in-class, but are too big to be inlined,
> should probably be moved out of class, but that gets into ABI
> territory and needs more eyes than mine.

Forgot to add this to the initial inlining comment: for the required
types in iostreams, locales, etc. (ie, the ones that the library
 instantiates and thus the ones that matter for the library ABI) I used
 the 'extern template' trick to remove inline instantiations, so the
 situation is not quite as bleak as was made out previously.

If you look at a shared executables, you'll see that very little is
 in object files that doesn't need to be there: that's what "tune for
 size" was all about....

For the STL classes, I think the only thing that needs to be addressed
are the instantiations already in the library.

For the most part, those are in src/stl-inst.cc, right?

(checks)

Oh right, there's almost nothing in this file now. So, what's stopping
this cleanup from happening again?

Perhaps I'm being dense, and all these French holidays are making me
 soft...

> Repeat for other STL classes.

Sounds great.

> Comments?

Certainly looks like a vast improvement to me. Thanks for doing this,
since it seems to have bugged a large number of people for a long time.

-benjamin