Re: _G_USING_THUNKS + Sparc

--On Tuesday, April 23, 2002 04:38:53 PM +0100 Jason Merrill
<jason@redhat.com> wrote:

>> --On Monday, April 22, 2002 11:59:24 PM -0700 "David S. Miller"
>> <davem@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> Why do we set this to zero on Solaris systems?
>
>> We don't do the bit where libio's idea of a stream and the V3 idea
>> are the same object anymore -- that hack doesn't work with the new
>> C++ ABI.  (It is difficult, even in principle, to make it work with
>> the new ABI, but it is theoretically possible.  Nobody has implemented
>> it, though...)
>
> Would it be that difficult?

I dunno.  I tried to do it once, a while back, and gave up after my head
hurt too much.  I guess part of what I was trying to do was also keep
the code conditionalized so that we could build v2-compatible streambufs,
which is necessary for glibc backwards compatibility.  It because a
horribly ugly mess. :-(