Re: config.h.in wants to be free^Wrebuilt

>> If standardizing on a particular version of autotools would help solve
>> this weirdness, please let me know and I'll do my part.

> I'm using ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/libstdc++/20000619-maintainer-tools.tar.gz
> but it's clearly showing its age.

> I'll try playing with the stock tools and see what changes.

I am using autoconf 2.13 as built from FreeBSD ports collection.
However, I think I did one time check it against the version Phil uses.

I too am willing to switch versions.  If we agree to use a particular
version to avoid random change, I think the biggest issue would be
that we all have to install into a fresh $prefix and explicitly
configure it to ignore stuff in /usr/local/share, /usr/share, etc.
Otherwise the random changes will still occur (if my reading of the
automake online book is correct).

There is another idea to consider: There is a process to "lock in"
certain base autoconf configuration files (i.e. bring them into the
project tree).  I have no idea (a) if we have ever done this; (b) if
it works; (c) if it would solve our current issue.  I just found it
randomly while reading the autoconf on-line book the other day.

Regards,
Loren