Re: Fix version-bumping script (and all affected files)

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 05:20:34PM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> To preserve the nicer-looking indenting couldn't <<- be used instead of <<
> for the here document? That ignores leading tabs, so sed would only see
> the version string not the indentation.

I thought about that, but I've been told that <<- isn't supported widely
enough to be accepted in GNU code.  (Personally, I'd classify such systems
in the same category as those only supporting a K&R C bootstrap compiler:
"I'll take Things That Need To Die for $500, Alex.")

Phil