Re: PATCH: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads

In article <200202262242.RAA32056@makai.watson.ibm.com>,
David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> writes:

> 	Thanks for developing this patch.  This does install the correct
> headers and does the right thing for AIX when the AIX configuration
> reports its thread model as "aix" instead of using the THREAD_MODEL_SPEC
> override.

> 	I hope that the libstdc++ maintainers will approve this patch so
> that you can install it.  I will then remove the THREAD_MODEL_SPEC from
> the AIX coniguration and AIX will no longer have a pthread dependency
> introduced by the headers.

A patch to fix AIX threading issues in libstdc++-v3 was already
approved in principle.  Since this approach worked for you and was the
most contained fix, it was installed on mainline.

Since this patch, along with your patch to the AIX configuration,
fixes a regression on a past gcc release, IMHO they should be moved to
the 3.1 branch as well.  BTW, our general rule in the libstdc++-v3
tree is to wait at least a day and then move such patches after
bootstrapping in new context.  You should feel free to do that move as
the maintainer of the AIX port.  I would do it but I can't test both
together as required by my reading of the branch rules.

Regards,
Loren