Re: doxygen comments for stl_algo.h

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 09:11:37PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:

> > Are the comments too technical? Too much [first1, last1 - last2 + first2)
> > techno-babble for the users who'll be referring to it?  Or not technical
> > enough?
> > I think they're ok, but I've just been immersed in the standard and
> > references to write them, so might have lost perspective!
>
> We take pains elsewhere to explain the whole "half-open range" idea, so
> I think we should make use of the expressiveness that [first,last) offers us.

great, that's what i had hoped
users who won't take time to grok the concept aren't going to get far
with the STL anyway!
(btw, what's the consensus here on using the term STL? I know it's
redundant, but I still find it useful for referring to that subset of
the stdlib... )

> > If these comments are suitable I will finish the rest of the file and
> > submit a patch for the whole thing (with changelog etc.)
>
> Go for it.  The changelog will be pretty simple ("file:  doxygenate"
> or whatever), but for something this big we probably ought to get you a
> copyright assignment form soon, if you're willing.  I asked the FSF for
> help yesterday but they're the slowest organization I've ever dealt with.

I printed one off and filled it in yesterday. I'll post it today, and send
an email to fsf-records and benjamin k, right?

jon

--
"There ain't nothin' worse than some fool lyin' on some
 third world beach in spandex psychedelic trousers smokin' damn dope