Re: Named locales not ok for locales without thousands separator

Nathan Myers wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 01:57:15AM +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>
>>today, for the first time I configured current 3.1 + glibc2.2.5 with
>>--enable-clocale=gnu (testsuite ok, many XPASSes). Then I wanted to
>>check some of Peter Schmid testcases, in particular that submitted as
>>part of libstdc++/5280.
>>
>>It seems that something is still not ok when the concerned locale has
>>NO thousands separator (e.g., fr_FR or it_IT).
>>

>What does it mean for a locale to have "no" thousands separator?
>The thousands_sep() member function has no choice but to return
>a character.  (The grouping() member function can return an empty
>string, in which case the thousands separator isn't used.)
>
>This is not to say it isn't broken, just that I don't understand
>what you are saying *is* broken.

Ok. Sorry for my bad way of expressing the problem (which may be also
related to my bad command of the english language). What I exactly meant
is that the thousand separator is the empty string (""), as happens for
the "C" locale, for example (see also my next message of yesterday)

Cheers,