Re: [v3] Refined test instrument for container tests

> Um, in particular the ones sitting on my hard drive undergoing
> refinement.  I've slowly been working on a bunch of 23_containers tests
> like the list_* ones.

Ok well that's great news, thanks. Are you thinking of exception-type
tests a la STLPort?

> I think it's a good idea, since at least for the timer code we may need
> a linkable library and we might want to avoid littering the testsuite
> directory with proliferating source files.

Right. Hmmmmm.

> I'm not sure if the timer stuff, which is benchmarking, should be
> lumped together with the testsuite, which is validation.  The testsuite
> verifies the library is correct, the benchmarking assumes correctness
> and documents efficiency.  Perhaps the whole benchmarking thing should
> be a separate directory heirarchy off libstdc++-v3?

Hmm. Maybe. I suppose that's a ways off.

I guess right now just proceed as you are, and we can figure out a way of
organizing memory-limits/container-checking/benchmarking later.

-benjamin