Re: [libstdc++] remove __compare_and_swap

Phil, I am in support of your planned removal of these functions. So is
Mark. If you get the approval of Gaby or Loren (with Loren being the maintainer
most important in this discussion, obviously) I think you can proceed. I
think this is a fair way to resolve this.

In general, I'm in favor of less 'magic step' design and more working,
useful, and documented features. Although I'm very much in favor of Nathan's vision, I think
keeping an incomplete/unused/wrong/partial solution in place just makes
getting to the final step more difficult.

In fact....

It might be best to remove them, and then having those interested
(Nathan) work on implementing them correctly, with documentation and
perhaps example code (or at the very least test cases).

-benjamin