Re: recursive mutex?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 08:39:51PM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> According to the POSIX standard, the recursive mutex is an option.
>
> The gthr.h abstraction layer, which STL/libstdc++ uses, does not offer
> a recursive mutex.

In order to implement a recursive mutex, I will have to compare
the thread-id with a stored version of itself.  However, I also
do not see support for a `pthread_self' and `pthread_equal' either.

Does this mean I can not add a recursive mutex to libstdc++ without
using Thread Specific Data?  I'd rather solve it differently because
it seems to me that getspecific is rather slow.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>