Re: Strange stream behaviour

In article <u7ku5p0p1.fsf@yandex.ru>,
Roman Belenov <rbelenov@yandex.ru> writes:

>> Would you provide the patch for your system's os_defines.h file?

Your patch looks incomplete to me since it appears that you are adding
a new config/os subdirectory (i.e. there are more files required in
that case).  I also wonder if all newlib ports need this option.

>> Yes, the ISO standard only guarantees one character of space for
>> ungetc().  The workaround provided by the _GLIBCPP_AVOID_FSEEK code
>> path must not make assumptions beyond that guarantee.  You will note
>> that input buffer size selection in libstdc++-v3/src/ios.cc is also
>> keyed off that macro.

> BTW gcc-3.0.2 release is coming soon, are there any chances that this
> _GLIBCPP_AVOID_FSEEK fix (or is it just a workaround ?) will be
> included in it ?

The configuration of buffer sizes is somewhat different on 3.0.X and
mainline.  Input buffer size is hard-coded to be 1 on the 3.0.X branch
thus the _GLIBCPP_AVOID_FSEEK path in libstdc++-v3/src/ios.cc is only
needed on mainline.

Regards,
Loren