undeclared function

Hi:
In RedHat 7.0, I got the following error messages when I compile *.cpp files.

'strcasestr' undeclared (first use this function)
'exit' undeclared (first use this function)

The same code was compiled OK under RedHat6.2 environment.

So I wrote a simple testing code as followings, and save it to main.c and main.cpp.

#include <unistd.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{
   if (strcasestr("mytest", "myTest"))
     sleep(30);
   exit(1);
}

gcc main.c  ---> OK
g++ main.cpp ---> Get the undeclared error messages

Any idea what cause the problem?

I have try to upgrade my gcc, cpp , gcc-c++ package from redhat's rawhide
dir.  But I ran into a lot of dependency problems.  I don't dare to forcely
install glibc* and glib* rpm since I am afraid that my system may not be able to run after the libc* get changed.
When I try to change the ld-linux.so to link to different ld version, my system stop working.
Can you tell me how to upgrade those packages?

Thanks,
Jackie