Re: Problem building on SGI/Irix 6.5

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 03:18:42PM +0100, Kevin Cowtan wrote:
> The failure is in stage 3 - the error seems to be finding gthr.h.
> I can confirm that the directory it is looking in does not exist.
> /y/people/cowtan/work/gcc-3.0.1/mips-sgi-irix6.5/libstdc++-v3/../
> contains:
> config.cache  libiberty/  libstdc++-v3/  mabi=64/

How did you configure the compiler (the step just before "make bootstrap")?
Are you certain that you followed the instructions at http://gcc.gnu.org/?

> Thanks for any advice. Yes, I have tried the copy of gcc-3.0
> on the SGI freeware site, without success.

We only provide source, not precompiled binaries.  But if building the
compiler suite from scratch proves to be troublesome, downloading a binary
package from a third party is certainly an option.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance