Re: include strstream instead of strstream.h

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:

| > That is why I find his patch OK.
|
| Substituting one deprecated header for the other? Why?

Do we really want to generate that warning in our -own- source code?
I don't see the value.

You're right that <strstream> generates the same warning.  However I
think that the advice

   Please use the <X> header instead of <X.h> header for 'C++' includes \
   and use the <cX> header instead of <X.h> header for 'C' includes. \

is misleading for several reasons:

       1) C-headers <X.h> are neither deprecated nor antiquated. There
          are specified and part of Standard C++.  We can't reasonably
          pretend to generate warning for them.

       2) Following the advice, one would include <strstream> instead
          of <strstream.h>, which results in the same warning.

Since we're compiling our own code, we should just specify the
appropriate flag to shut up the compiler.

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com