Re: templated cmath function instantiation

[libstdc++ list added]

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:07:50PM +0200, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> I'm rather sure this is a bug: -fno-implicit-templates is not supposed to
> change the underlying C++ std library, is it?
> The compiler probably can't just ignore the flag for included C++ std
> headers, but then, those symbols should be (weakly) present in libstdc++.so.
> At least for the templates only used internally.

Yep.  I've verified this (and just now saw your PR 3377 in GNATS), and
adding the explicit instantiation is the right thing to do here (tested
and reproduced).

Gaby, Benjamin, which file gets the symbol?  The only math-related explicit
instantitations file we have so far is for valarray.

This should go on the branch, too.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance