Re: Patch: for libstdc++/2071 test case

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:30:27AM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> In article <200105100918.f4A9InP94151@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>, I wrote:
>
> > Here is a tentative patch for libstdc++/2071 which conforms to the
> > design for portability I sent earlier.  I expect that some tweaking
> > will be required based on comments (but please read the design
> > requirements before complaining about this patch).  libstdc++ was
> > rebuilt twice on i386-unknown-freebsd4.2 from scratch in an otherwise
> > fully-bootstrapped tree (gcc version 3.1 20010508).
>
> Anyone had a chance to think about this yet?

I just made some notes in 2071 and marked it high-priority.

With this patch, the bug still occurs for me on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (and
yes, I did add the #define to os_defines.h :-).  I'm trying to figure
out how to avoid the seeks altogether, but I'm not sure what's best to
test against.  Anything done inside needs to be fast...

The RSI is acting up, so I'm going to give my wrist a break and ponder
this for a while.

Phil